An Online Guide to Using Your Computer on the Net
We have come up with a couple of tutorials which may be helpful,
both to keep your computer running smoothly and to get the most out of your
Internet connection. If you have any ideas about other tutorials you'd like to
see here, please let us know.
- Filtering Junk Email
- Spectranet has recently begun marking messages as "Possible Spam".
These messages can now be automatically filtered out of your inbox. We explain how here!
- Changing Your Screen Resolution
- Most recent video cards are capable of supporting screen resolutions as high as 1600x1200,
but most computers have their resolutions set at the default, 640x480. Increasing your
resolution will give you more screen area to work with, and, since web pages are increasingly
designed with higher resolutions in mind, can improve your browsing experience. Click the
above link for a step-by-step guide to making the change.
- Clearing Cached Files
- Most web browsers store a copy of recently-visited pages on your hard drive in order to
improve speed for browsing frequently viewed pages. However, if the cache folder or its
contents become damaged, it can present serious repercussions for your browser. Here you will find
guides to clearing the cached files for some of the browsers in common use today.
Note that the sites below are provided for informational
purposes only, and are in no way affiliated with Spectranet. If you have
any further questions or concerns, please feel free to call our
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft's tutorial site, covering their latest browser along with Internet basics.
Copyright © Spectranet Connections Inc. 1999
Last modified on: 19 August 1999